To our valued patients,
In the light of the recent COVID-19 announcements we thought it prudent to provide some information regarding any upcoming physiotherapy or massage appointments you may have. Firstly, we do not advise anyone to panic but to simply be aware, a little more cautious about touching your face and putting more effort into hand hygiene. However, we are in a unique situation in which we are located within a medical centre. This poses its own set of issues and restrictions. The medical centre does not test for COVID-19. They have advised that any person with COVID-19 symptoms NOT come into the clinic and to call for further instructions on future management of their condition which may or may not be COVID-19. The reason for this is that medical centre is used as a first point of care for many at risk patients. Any confirmed case of COVID-19 would shut down the medical centre. This would affect 1000s and could put lives at risk. As health professionals, working out of a large medical centre, this causes us to be even more cautious due to the potential high risk to life for many that attend the centre for care.
As a small business these are difficult times. At this point, and based on the current recommendations, we will continue to provide you with our usual high level of care. We will however, increase our already high level of cleaning and disinfecting of our clinic. We will maintain our distance as practicable and as recommended by SA health and various other government agencies. In the interest of slowing the spread of this virus, for which we do not have a current vaccine, I would ask our wonderful service users to please be patient and kind whilst we attempt to navigate these uncharted waters. In many cases if you are feeling unwell it may well be the common cold or flu, and we do not encourage any discrimination of those that are unwell. COVID-19 should not incite fear or panic if we can all work together to manage the spread and slow it down. Slowing the spread will limit the numbers requiring hospitalisation to a trickle rather than a flood and not undermine our hospital’s ability to keep people safe. 80% of people that contract COVID-19 will have mild symptoms, it is our duty of care to stop the spread of the virus to the 20% that will have a potentially severe response and require hospitalisation. We are in a relatively good position in South Australian to manage the virus as it presents due to the early interventions that have been implemented. At this stage we are not aware of any community spread. However, this can change quickly and we need to be cautious in order to minimise a peak in COVID-19 infections. To ease the burden on our already over stretched health system, doctors and nurses, we ask that you exercise extra precautions so that those at risk can access the care they require. We see many patients with compromised immune systems and, to minimise the risk of spreading COVID-19, would appreciate your cooperation in the following:
- If you have recently returned from overseas travel please consider self-isolating as has been recommended by SA Health.
- For self-protection please consider social distancing as the virus can remain airborne for up to 3 metres before it drops to the ground. Please maintain 1.5-2 metres from other patients. To minimise patient interactions we would recommend that you arrive on time for your appointment (neither early nor late) to minimise the time that you spend in the waiting room. Should we be running late we will aim to contact you via text message or phone call, so please keep an eye on your phone. If you prefer to wait in your car until your appointment time please call reception and we can work with you to arrange this.
- We would kindly request that our patients attend their appointments on their own where possible. Should this pose a problem, particularly with child care, please call us to reschedule to a more appropriate time.
- Hand hygiene is extremely important to limit the spread of the virus. Wash your hands often, do not touch any surfaces unnecessarily and do not touch your face.
- If you need to cough or sneeze please do so into your elbow.
- If you feel unwell with a sore throat, fever or dry cough, please reschedule your appointment and telephone your GP clinic for further management advice. As has been requested by the medical staff, please DO NOT enter the medical centre. Doctors are unable to test you for COVID-19 at this location. Please consider wearing a mask to keep at risk people safe.
Our priority is the health and safety of our staff, family and patients, especially those most at risk. We will continue to follow the advice of SA health and the Australian Physiotherapy Association as it comes to light. The situation is changing rapidly and we will aim to keep you informed of any changes as they occur.
We thank you for your continued patronage and apologise for any inconvenience but trust that you will all understand why they are necessary at this time. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
The Select Health Group Team
SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT AND WE WILL LOOK AFTER YOU!
SELECT HEALTH GROUP is looking to improve their environmental impact and make the clinic greener, and we need your help!
We know our patients and community have some fantastic ideas and practices in place; we would love to hear what ideas and suggestions you have for us. Your environmental ideas can now be rewarded.
For every new suggestion submitted, we will reward you with an e-voucher for a choice of one of the following rewards:
- PHYSIO – 50% off the out of pocket expense on your next visit. (Saving up to $42.75)
- MASSAGE – $50.00 for 60 Minutes (Saving up to $28.00) or $30.00 for 30 Minutes. (Saving up to $16.50)
- YOGA – $15 for 2 Classes. (Saving up to $25.00)
– What a wonderful reward for both you and the environment
We really want to help make an impact by reducing our waste and source environmentally friendly products and processes. Unfortunately, some things can’t be substituted in order for us to provide a safe service, equipment and facility, but every small suggestion can help create a bigger impact. After all, we don’t need just a few people doing great things; we need everyone doing a little something to start making a difference.
How to Submit your Ideas
- Like our Facebook Page
- Private Message us via Facebook Messenger with your idea and reward option – 1. PHYSIO / 2. MASSAGE / 3. YOGA.
- Alternatively send your ideas to us via the contact us tab on our website.
- You will then be emailed an e-voucher with your nominated reward given you have met the criteria
Terms & conditions
- Ideas to be submitted in writing via Facebook Messenger or Contact Us tab on our website
- By entering the competition you give Select Health Group permission to display/publish your first name and suggestions on Facebook and our Website
- Only valid, reasonable ideas will be accepted. Should the idea be deemed inappropriate Select Health Group Pty Ltd have the right to refuse the submission
- You are able to claim 1 of the 3 rewards per idea. Limited to 5 vouchers per person.
- Vouchers are redeemable from 01/01/2020 to 31/03/2020
Yoga is returning to Select Health Group. Yoga instructor Zoe Trenwith is bringing yoga back and will be initially offering 2 classes each week.
Beginning on Monday 6th August 2019
Classes will be held at the following times:
Monday at 5:30pm & Tuesday at 9:30am
Class sizes are limited and so be quick to secure your spot.